Friday, September 4, 2009

reign of time


I paint this picture of you
water color
but the tears wash it away


evening light casts long shadows
in your eyes
and the depth pulls me in

my heart is in your hands
like a lead weight, beating

I know it's too much to bare...

I know that you aren't there
but it's a nice dream

a cheap holiday in my mind

Heat waves blur the scene
a rainbow of colors surround us
and the air is sweet
wild roses
dry grass
and a gentle breeze blowing in your hair as we watch the ocean whisper
and caress the earth

the sky is air brushed with pink cirrus
the land scape is water color, pastel
dripping off the canvas
like tears into the sea

I see through the eye of the beholder now

i am the painter
you, the perfect picture

but i can't seem to grasp
and I want to drown in you...

in the richness of light and color
but it fades

it dries up
and I'm left with a yearning for love
a need to be acknowledged
i exist
do you?

I see myself now

a lone boy
immersed in wonder

why is he alone?

like a ghost,
the world seems to ignore him, elude him, elate him

he is transparent
he has no parent

he has no life of his own
but his spirit guides him

and with a grain of sand
and all it's majesty
he walks on

into the mystic
and picks up a paint brush

asking for nothing more
than a canvas
and some oil

sometimes the colors are dark
and grey
sometimes he cannot say

sometimes he wants what is

to last for ever...

but his canvas is his mind
and it dissolves
and washes away...

in the reign of time...

www.jeremywilliams.ca